Since 2006, the Italian Academy of Prosthetic Dentistry (AIOP) has organised a research session in the prosthetic field entitled to Prof. Mario Martignoni that takes place during AIOP’s International Congress.
The accepted works will be exhibited in a poster format at the 41 st International Congress to be held in Bologna on November 18-19, 2022.
The Scientific Committee will select the best works. The first three classified will be awarded the following:
- abstract published on the AIOP website
- free registration to AIOP in the year 2023 for the author presenting the poster
- publication in the journal DOCTOR OS
- a prize of:
3rd place: € 500
2nd place: € 1.000
1st place: € 2.000
To participate in the Research Session of the International Congress, the author presenting the accepted poster must join AIOP for the year 2022. The closing of the submission is scheduled on midnight of Wednesday, August 31 st, 2022.
The Scientific Commission will communicate the outcome of the review of the abstracts by Friday September 30th, 2022.
If the poster is accepted with a request of revision, the upload of the final version must be completed by midnight of Friday November 4th, 2022.
The official language of abstracts and posters is English.
Each author can upload only one abstract and can submit only one poster to the Congress.
His name, however, may appear as a co-author in other works.
The presentation of an abstract implies the responsibility of the PRESENTING AUTHOR to present its contents in person. Requests to withdraw abstracts must be submitted in writing by the PRESENTING AUTHOR (requests from anyone else will not be accepted) by October 28th, 2022 and submitted to the Scientific Committee.
Withdrawals or changes will only be considered until October 28th, 2022.
However, if after this date it is impossible for the author to submit the work, the PRESENTING AUTHOR must send a written notification with the request and the name of a substitute chosen from the co-authors of the work. The substitute cannot be someone already designated as a Presenting Author for another work.
The abstract and the poster must be original (not previously presented or published).
Presenters must register as Member AIOP 2022
We would like to make the following recommendations:
- do not use a font smaller than 10px
- reread the abstract carefully before completing the upload
- check that all names are correct
- indicate the author who will present the work using the dedicated flag
- do not insert images
- the indication that the results will be presented and/or discussed following the submission is not accepted
- At the top of the poster, place the title and authors’ names. The letters for this section must be at least 2.5 cm (1″) high
- Since the poster will be displayed from a distance, the height of the letters for the text should be at least 1.3 cm (1/2″)
- Graphics and images should be boldly drawn, easy to understand and illustrated with concise captions
- The poster should be self-explanatory so that the author only has to answer questions on specific aspects of the subject matter
- The viewer is facilitated in understanding the material if a preferable sequence to follow is indicated (with letters, numbers or arrows)